by Roger WWW Garrett and Jessy,posted Feb 17 2014 8:07AM
COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
ERIC CHURCH wrapped six free shows in two days to celebrate the release of his new album, The Outsiders. On Thursday and Friday, Eric hit Indianapolis; Rootstown, Ohio; Chicago; Greenville, South Carolina; Charlotte; North Carolina and Atlanta.
Jason Aldean's concert at Cleveland Indians Progressive Field on July 18th and his first two shows at Red Rocks Amphitheatre on September 17th and 18th sold out instantly on Friday. His Burn It Down Tour, will hit five baseball stadiums with special guests Florida Georgia Line, Tyler Farr and Miranda Lambert on select dates.
BILLY RAY CYRUS is not only NOT concerned about his daughter Miley’s behavior, he took her advice about recording "Achy Breaky Two" with BUCK 22. "MILEY said to me, 'If the world says go left, go right.' And I looked at her and I said, 'You know what? I'm going to take your advice on that.'" There's no rules, no limits. I'm just a dude that loves to make music."
DIERKS BENTLEY likes being a country star but he has no interest in being a big time celebrity like, say, WILLIE NELSON or BLAKE SHELTON. And that's exactly how he likes it.. He says, quote, "I don't want to be any more famous than I need to be to perform my music. I can still fly under the radar, which is totally awesome. I don't want to be a celebrity. It gives me the heebie jeebies."
JAY DEMARCUS recently filmed a spot on Lifetime's "Drop Dead Diva". The episode is going to air sometime later this year.
BLAKE SHELTON’S "Doin' What She Likes" music video is out now! The clip shows how a night in with Blake can go horribly wrong. He makes margaritas, cooks dinner, lights candles . . . and then burns down the house!! Watch it here:
Groupon Did a Massive President's Day Deal in Honor of "Former President" Alexander Hamilton . . . Who Was Never President
The good people at Groupon wanted to get in on President's Day this year, so they decided to give people $10 off on purchases of $40 or more.
In a press release on Friday, they wrote, quote, "The $10 bill, as everyone knows, features President ALEXANDER HAMILTON . . . undeniably one of our greatest presidents and most widely recognized for establishing the country's financial system."
The only problem is, he was NEVER PRESIDENT. He WAS one of the primary forces in establishing our financial system, but it's because he was the first U.S. Secretary of the Treasury.
So yeah . . . Groupon based their President's Day sale around honoring "former president" Alexander Hamilton . . . who was never president.
And apparently, when someone wrote to them to point that out, instead of admitting their mistake . . . Groupon doubled down.
Their response to being called out on mistaking Hamilton for a former president was, quote, "We respect everyone's beliefs. You're certainly entitled to your opinion."
Five Disgusting Things That Are On You Right Now
Experts can confirm that there is a ton of gross stuff ALL OVER YOU. Here's a list of five gross things that are ON YOU, that are too small to see:
1. Eyelash mites. These are basically tiny spiders that feed off the secretions in your eyelash follicles. They INCREASE as you get older, and you can't get rid of them. But doctors say they won't hurt you.
2. Fecal residue. Scientists say that no matter how great you wipe, you never get it all. And it transfers to your underwear. You have to wash them in hot water if you actually want them clean.
3. Dead skin and dead-skin eaters. The top layer of your skin is made entirely out of dead skin cells. Most of the dust in your house is actually dead skin, and dust mites eat it. Sometimes they even crawl ON you to eat it.
4. Toenail fungus. You can think of your nails as tiny petri dishes that harbor MILLIONS of organisms.
5. Belly button bacteria. Basically, your navel is a laboratory for bacteria. In a recent study, scientists found 2,000 different species in belly buttons. Most of which they couldn't even identify.