The Top Ten Technologies We Can't Live Without
A new survey asked people what technology they couldn't live without, and high-speed broadband came in first. The Internet itself came in second. In other words, we like the Internet, but we like it coming in FAST even more.
The top 10 are: High-speed broadband cable... the Internet... the washing machine... email... the fridge... the freezer... the microwave... the dishwasher... satellite TV... the coffee maker… and glasses.
iPad came in 13th... Facebook came in 17th... the dryer came in 19th... the toaster came in 20th... the Kindle was 21st... high def TV was 25th... and air conditioning was 28th.
COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
TOBY KEITH says a lot has changed since GARTH BROOKS left a full time country career in the 90's…and it remains to be seen if he'll have that kind of success.
Sir Mix-a-Lot's 1992 hit "Baby Got Back" got the country treatment from JOE NICHOLS during one of his concerts.
JIMMY BUFFETT has launched Margaritaville TV, an online channel where he's streaming concerts. Buffett plans to include special events also, and show his new music being recorded “live” in the studio.
KRISTIAN BUSH'S single "Trailer Hitch", reveals that he has a pretty good voice….which brings up the question, why did JENNIFER NETTLES sing lead on all of the SUGARLAND songs? His answer: 'If you're in a band with EDDIE VAN HALEN, you let him play guitar!'"
The new BIG & RICH album "Gravity" will be out on September 23rd. It features a guest appearance from TIM MCGRAW on the song "Lovin' Lately". Details are at BigandRich.com.
HUNTER HAYES sings to, but barely touches a smokin' hot chick in the video to his song, “Tattoo”.
DANIELLE BRADBERY released a video of her performing an acoustic version of the pop hit, “Say Something”.
A Simple Formula to Figure Out What You Should Be Doing With Your Life
A career counselor named Richard Leider came up with a simple formula to figure out what you should be doing with your life. The formula is G plus P plus V . . . G stands for gifts, P stands for passions, V stands for values.
First, figure out your GIFTS... those are the things you're good at. And that can include anything... you could be gifted at motivating people, solving puzzles, running long distances, whatever.
Then, figure out your PASSIONS... those are the things you really CARE about. They can be social issues, like feeding the homeless... personal passions, like making people laugh... or even the passion to make a ton of money.
And finally, figure out your VALUES... those are the things you NEED to have in your lifestyle to make you happy. Do you want to be home for dinner with your family every night? Do you hate waking up early? Do you want to travel?
Now, look at your gifts, passions, and values and start brainstorming careers that fit with your answers under each one. When you find a career that fits all three, that's a potential career for you.
11 Foods That Actually Make You Hungrier
1. White bread. It makes your insulin levels go up, which can make your body think it needs more sugar.
2. Fruit juice. It's so sugary that it causes a sugar spike in your blood, and then a hard crash afterwards.
3. Salty snacks. A lot of times your body will compensate by craving something sweet.
4. Fast food. It's so salty you can get dehydrated, and that can cause stomach pain that feels like a hunger pang.
5. Alcohol. It can reduce levels of leptin... a hormone that makes you feel full… deplete energy reserves, so you crave carbs.
6. White pasta. It's so full of carbs that it can cause insulin spikes, and those make you feel hungry, like with white bread.
7. MSG. It messes with your hypothalamus and causes big increases in your appetite.
8. Sushi. It's mainly white rice, so it has the same effect as bread or pasta.
9. Artificial sweeteners. They make your body think its get something it can use for energy. No calories, just crave sweets.
10. Kids cereals. They're so high in sugar that they can cause spikes and drops in insulin and blood sugar levels all day.
11. Pizza. It messes with your hormones, your blood sugar levels... everything. It's because everything in a pizza is processed. So if you made a pizza from scratch with fresh toppings and whole wheat dough, you'd be all right.