1. Pretty much no one starts smoking after they're 26 years old. Less than 1.5% of smokers in the U.S. start in their mid-20s or later. 2. It's been illegal to play pinball in Oakland, California for the past 80 years. The city council just lifted the ban. 3. The most expensive hot dog in the world costs $100. It's soaked in 100-year-old cognac, fried in truffle oil, and covered in lobster and kobe beef. You can get one at a restaurant called Dougie Dog in Vancouver, British Columbia. 4. Yoga clothes are more popular than yoga. The number of people doing yoga went up 4.5% in 2013 . . . the amount of yoga CLOTHES sold went up 45%. 5. For the state of Texas to have the population density of New York City, every single person in the world would have to live there.
Country Music Headlines
BRAD PAISLEY is set to perform a song from his new album, Moonshine in the Trunk, on Sunday's season finale of Rising Star.
Brad's album will be released on Monday. And, we have the video to ANOTHER leaked song, "You Shouldn't Have To."
Dierks Bentley, Kelly Clarkson, Hunter Hayes, Kacey Musgraves, Lady Antebellum’s Hillary Scott, Lee Ann Womack, Dwight Yoakam and the Oak Ridge Boys will be among the performers at the 8th annual ACM Honors show at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium on September 9th.
Today's collection of ice bucket challenges includes Rascal Flatts, Garth Brooks, Ronnie Dunn, George Strait, Faith Hill in shorts, Jason Michael Carroll jumping into an Alaskan glacier . . . and Billy Ray Cyrus saying the S-word.
Have you ever wondered exactly what MIRANDA LAMBERT mixes into that Randarita cocktail she's always pushing? Here are the ingredients: 1 shot vodka, 1 bottle water, 1 pkt Crystal Light on the Go Raspberry Lemonade Mix, and 1 splash diet carbonated lemon-lime soda… TasteOfCountry.com has the recipe.
Top 3 Country Albums
1. Luke Bryan, "Crash My Party"
2. Brantley Gilbert, "Just As I Am"
3. Miranda Lambert, "Platinum"
Top 3 Country Songs
1. Jason Aldean, "Burnin' It Down"
2. Florida Georgia Line, "Dirt"
3. Kenny Chesney, "American Kids"
Getting a Call From Your Boss on Vacation Is More Stressful Than Bungee Jumping . . . Here Are the Top 10 Reasons They Call
In a new survey, 68% of people say that's happened to them on vacation . . . and the average person says a call from the boss on vacation is actually more stressful than bungee jumping, being stuck in traffic, or being stood up on a date. So . . . what's the VERY important reason your boss ruined your vacation by calling you? Here are the 10 most common reasons . . .
Asking where a document is saved . . . asking for login details . . . asking about the status of a project . . . asking you to work on something . . . sharing an update . . .
asking if you can make it to a meeting . . . asking you to clarify something . . . asking you to read something . . . asking if an invoice has been processed . . . and asking how to turn a COMPUTER on.
Four Outdated Wedding Traditions
1. Giving away the bride. This comes from the days when women were considered their father's property until they got married and then became their husband's property. The bride was literally "given away" in exchange for a payment, or dowry. 2. Not seeing each other before the wedding. This tradition dates back to the time of arranged marriages, where it was thought that if couples saw each other before the wedding, they might bail. 3. Wearing a veil. People in ancient Rome believed evil spirits would be attracted to the bride, so they covered her face with a veil to help hide her and confuse them. 4. Sitting on the bride or groom's "side" for the ceremony. In Christian weddings, the bride's family sits on the left, the groom's sits on the right. But if the point is to become one family, does it even matter?