Late For Work? You Might Want To Re-Think Your Excuse
by Roger WWW Garrett and Jessy,posted Feb 21 2014 6:51AM
The Ten Worst Excuses People Have Used for Being Late to Work
According to a new survey from CareerBuilder, 23% of people are late to work at least once a month, and 15% say it happens at least once a WEEK.
1. "I woke up on someone else's front lawn, two blocks from my house."
2. "My cat got stuck in the toilet."
3. "I got to work, but then fell asleep in my car."
4. "I put superglue in my eye instead of saline solution, and had to go to the hospital."
5. "I thought we didn't have to work on Halloween."
6. "Some rain came through a hole in the roof and got my alarm clock wet, so it didn't go off."
7. "I was watching something on TV and REALLY wanted to see the end."
8. "I got a hairbrush stuck in my hair."
9. "I had a really scary nightmare."
10. "A zebra was running down the highway and held up traffic." Although that one supposedly turned out to be TRUE.
COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
American Idol stars including Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson may have been bilked out of millions of dollars in digital royalties by their record label. A lawsuit filed Thursday in New York by 19 Recordings, which represents new Idol winners, claims that its distributor, Sony, has not given the artists their fair share of the profits on downloads of their music. They are seeking at least $10 million in damages.
DIERKS BENTLEY'S album "Riser" is out next Tuesday . . . but you don't have to wait till then to hear it. It's streaming for free right now at RollingStone.com.
Merle Haggard, George Strait, Florida Georgia Line, Lady Antebellum, Carrie Underwood and The Band Perry are some of the acts performing on the TV special "ACM Presents: An All-Star Salute to the Troops". They're taping it in Vegas on April 7th, which is the day after the ACM Awards. It'll air May 20th on CBS
"Voice" winner CASSADEE POPE released the video to her song "I Wish I Could Break Your Heart".
Actress LUCY HALE, who plays Aria Montgomery on "Pretty Little Liars", is releasing her first country album. It's called "Road Between" and it'll be out June 3rd. She's also making her Grand Ole Opry debut tonight.
Keith Urban knows how to rock a T-shirt. But sometimes his choice of shirt doesn't always sit well with American Idol producers. He tells Ryan Seacrest, "Let’s just say every now and then, I have to take a picture of my shirt and send it to them.”
Keith wil be in Las Vegas on April 4th headlining the Academy of Country Music's Party for a Cause.
Five Random Facts For Friday
1. We're not sure when NASA is going to send people to space again . . . but if you want to fly a spaceship, you have to be between 5'2" and 6'3". If you're shorter or taller, they don't want you driving.
2. WOODY HARRELSON'S father, Charles, was a HITMAN who was convicted for killing a federal judge in Texas in 1979. He died in federal prison doing a life sentence.
3. Broccoli was MANMADE. It was created through carefully breeding wild kale that had the right traits. Cauliflower and Brussels sprouts are manmade too.
4. The name "Gary" is only popular thanks to the actor GARY COOPER . . . whose real name is actually Frank Cooper. He adopted the first name Gary after the city of Gary, Indiana because it seemed like a TOUGH place and he wanted to be tough.