by Roger WWW Garrett and Jessy,posted Jun 3 2014 7:29AM
COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
Miranda Lambert and Lucy Hale are among the artists releasing new music today!!
Miranda's fifth studio album, Platinum, features 16 tracks, including her hit single “Automatic," the Carrie Underwood duet “Somethin’ Bad" and the Little Big Town collaboration “Smokin’ and Drinkin’."
And as we mentioned yesterday; CountryWeekly.com listed 10 reasons why they love MIRANDA LAMBERT'S new album "Platinum":
1. "Girls" is an empowering anthem for women, which is always welcome. “Bathroom Sink” is another one, and it’s even better.
2. A wistful, nostalgic song called “Smokin’ and Drinkin’” that actually makes us feel wistful and nostalgic
3. The fact that likely thousands of young folks had to Google the term “three on a tree” after hearing “Automatic.”
4. It has a song actually titled “Old Sh*t”
5. Miranda holds her own with Carrie Underwood in the Thelma & Louise saga “Somethin’ Bad.”
6. How she says she’s married to a man who’s married to attention. Surely she’s not talking about Blake.
7. The title is mostly a reference to Miranda’s hair color, not record sales. Although it will probably hit that mark as well.
8. Her savvy use of the word “irrefutably” in “Platinum.”
9. It’s tough to beat “Hard Staying Sober” for a good old classic crying-in-your-beer country tune.
10. Platinum has 16 tracks. That’s like an album and a half!
Pretty Little Liars actress Lucy Hale also releases her debut album, Road Between today . The 11-song collection includes Tennessee native's lead single, “You Sound Good to Me,” and the Joe Nichols duet “Red Dress.”
TRAVIS TRITT was not happy with the amount of space he was given to perform his show on Saturday . . . so he called out headliner BRANTLEY GILBERT for only leaving him with eight feet. He Tweeted that the stage setup was disrespectful . . . and that whenever HE was headlining, he always personally made sure that his opening act had all the stage space they needed.
KEITH URBAN deals with the tabloid lies about his marriage to NICOLE KIDMAN . . . by ignoring them. He says, quote, "The people who really know us [say], 'How do you not want to defend that?' I'm like, 'It's pointless.' Our life will be our way of defending it."
Kip Moore will headline the CMT on Tour 2014: Up in Smoke, kicking off September 25th in New York City with newcomers Charlie Worsham and Sam Hunt. 20 cities are on the schedule, including Minneapolis, Orlando and Boston. Tickets go on sale this Friday.
Luke Bryan welcomes CMA Music Festival week in Nashville with two-week number-one on the Mediabase chart with “Play It Again." Brett Eldredge follows at number-two with “Beat of the Music,”..while Miranda Lambert’s “Automatic” moves to number-three. Florida Georgia Line’s “This Is How We Roll” with Luke, and Justin Moore’s “Lettin’ the Night Roll” round out the Top 5.
KENNY CHESNEY'S next single is called "American Kids", and it'll be out June 23rd. To get you all excited he released a video teaser.