The Ten Things People Only Pretend to Like
What are some things that we only PRETEND we like doing?
1. Going to a club.
2. Going for a run.
3. Drinking green juice and other healthy juices.
5. Being around other people's kids.
6. Eating oysters.
7. Working in a group.
8. Celebrating someone else's success.
9. Hearing other people's honest opinions about you.
10. Doing shots.
COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
For the first time in his career, Garth Brooks will release his catalog online via GarthBrooks.com today….details on Garth’s upcoming world tour will be revealed on his website by Tuesday.
The album on which The Doobie Brothers re-record their classics with various country music performers will be out this fall, and the sessions were filmed for a future TV special.
The Sound of Music Live! and The Voice scored Primetime Emmy nominations. The Carrie Underwood-starred Sound of Music Live! earned four nods, while the Blake Shelton-coached The Voice earned 10
Little Big Town have launched a Facebook and Twitter campaign to unveil the track listing for their upcoming album Painkiller. Followers can unlock the 13-song list by sharing an update via LittleBigTown.com.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery go out to Ashley Monroe, who is sidelined in Nashville a serious kidney infection. Shows were canceled over the weekend so Ashley could meet with her doctors.
JOSH THOMPSON'S video for "Wanted Me Gone" was shot in the back yard of his house near Nashville. They even used his belongings in the scenes where the off-camera ex-girlfriend throws all his stuff out the window.
In Today’s, Five Random Facts For Monday
1. The fax machine was invented the same year people were traveling on the Oregon Trail . . . 1843.
2. Carrots were originally several colors, and the most common one was purple. But Dutch farmers in the 16th century bred red and yellow carrots to make orange ones, since it was their royal color . . . and those became the standard.
3. It takes 248 years for Pluto to orbit the sun. That means between the time Pluto was discovered in 1930, named a planet, and then eventually declassified and demoted to a "dwarf planet" in 2006, it didn't even make it halfway through one orbit.
4. BRYAN ADAMS was only 9 years old in the summer of '69.
5. The most expensive place to get a haircut in the U.S. is Kodiak island, which is off the coast of southern Alaska. The average haircut there is $26.67 . . . which is about double the national average.
DEXTER ROBERTS . . . the big country singer from the last season of "American Idol" . . . has dropped out of the "Idol" tour because he's fighting "an unknown illness."