by Roger WWW Garrett and Jessy,posted Jun 5 2014 6:55AM
These seniors pulled together all their money and spent it on a Mariachi Band to follow their Principle around for an entire day!!
Here is the video:
What happened at Last Night's
"CMT Music Awards" (A ReCap of lasts nights Award Show)
The musical opening of ZZ Top.
Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan and R&B star Jason Derulo lived up to the hype. It worked and never felt forced.
This show is known for great pairings, and there were plenty. Lee Ann Womack and Kacey Musgraves performed ALAN JACKSON'S song "Livin' On Love". That was followed by Carrie Underwood giving Alan the first-ever CMT Impact Award.
ERIC CHURCH turned the room upside down when he and LZZY HALE of the rock band HALESTORM tore through his song "That's Damn Rock & Roll".
DIERKS BENTLEY do a simple performance of "Drunk on a Plane" except for the chorus line of sexy stewardesses came out to dance.
Another surprise was at the end of LITTLE BIG TOWN'S performance of "Day Drinking" . . . when streams of paint powder splattered the entire band from head to toe.
The big finish was Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert and their big hair performing "Something Bad". It was everything we all expected.
The surprise of the night may have been when JASON ALDEAN came out . . . on the red carpet with his girlfriend and former mistress Brittany Kerr. They even sat together during the show and were on camera a ton.
Here's your complete list of last night's winners . . .
• Video of the Year: "See You Again", Carrie Underwood
• Male Video of the Year: "Doin' What She Likes", Blake Shelton
• Female Video of the Year: "Automatic", Miranda Lambert
• Group Video of the Year: "Done", The Band Perry
• Duo Video of the Year: "Round Here", Florida Georgia Line
• Collaborative Video of the Year: "This Is How We Roll", Florida Georgia Line featuring Luke Bryan
• CMT Performance of the Year: "Oh No / All Night Long" . . . Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie (from 2013 CMT Artists of the Year)
• USA Weekend Breakthrough Video of the Year: "Wasting All These Tears", Cassadee Pope
COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
George Strait is in the final week of his Cowboy Rides Away tour. With only two shows left, the King of Country says transitioning to life without national tours will be interesting.
The Cowboy Rides Away tour wraps with a sold-out all-star concert on Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The super-show will feature Alan Jackson, Eric Church, Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Miranda Lambert, Sheryl Crow, Ronnie Dunn, Vince Gill, Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Lee Ann Womack and more.
VINCE GILL was asked about today's "bro country" style of music, and he said, quote, "I don't like it very much." He also defended the artist's right to do their thing. He added, quote, "I don't think it does anybody any good to bash anything that is going on. That doesn't serve much of a purpose."
GARY ALLAN was put under 48 hours vocal rest and had to cancel a fan club party on Tuesday. His doctor gave him clearance to resume performing tonight. Updates are at GaryAllan.com.
RANDY TRAVIS was at DOLLY PARTON'S concert last weekend in Thackerville, Oklahoma. Dolly gave him a shout-out during the show and then posed with him and JANIE FRICKE backstage after the show.
LEE ANN WOMACK will perform her song "I Hope You Dance" at the funeral for MAYA ANGELOU on Saturday
Brantley Gilbert spends his second week at number-one with his new album, Just as I Am, according to the latest SoundScan figures. Rascal Flatts' Rewind holds onto the number-two spot for the second consecutive week. Luke Bryan moves up one to the third slot with Crash My Party, followed by Florida Georgia Line's Here's to the Good Times, which lands in fourth place. Eric Church climbs one spot with The Outsiders to round out the Top 5.
What Lie Do You Tell Most Often?
1. "My phone was on silent so I didn't know you called."
2. "Sorry, I don't have any change on me."
3. "I don't care what people think of me."
4. Whatever your height is . . . adding at least an inch.
5. "I'm fine" . . . whether you're happy, sad, or anything in between.
6. "I'm on the way."
7. "This meal was delicious."
8. "I'll let you know if I can make it . . . I think I might already have something that night."