Is anyone else thinking they should have just stayed in bed?
As if Friday the 13th itself doesn't set the tone for a bad day, let's throw in a full moon tonight.
I did some research on where the fear associated with Friday the 13th originated and no one knows for sure. The number 13 is supposedly considered cursed around the world. Thirteen is so disliked that many cities do not have a 13th Street or a 13th Avenue, many high-rise buildings avoid having a 13th floor, some hospitals avoid labeling rooms with the number 13 and many airports will not have a gate 13.
There are a number of popular myths and superstitions surrounding the day, most famously:
- If you cut your hair on Friday the 13th, someone in your family will die.
- If a funeral procession passes you on Friday the 13th, you will be the next to die.
- Do not start a trip on Friday the 13th or you will encounter misfortune.
- If you break a mirror on Friday the 13th, you will have seven years of bad luck.
- A child born on Friday the 13th will be unlucky for life.
- Ships that set sail on a Friday the 13th will have bad luck.
- If you walk under a ladder or if a black cat crosses you on Friday the 13th, you will have bad luck
Now for the full moon:
Since ancient times, full moons have been associated with odd or insane behavior, including sleepwalking, suicide, illegal activity, fits of violence and, of course, transforming into werewolves. In fact, the words “lunacy” and “lunatic” come from the Roman goddess of the moon, Luna, who was said to ride her silver chariot across the dark sky each night.
The end result, WE MAY SEE SOME VERY UNLUCKY, CRAZY PEOPLE OR WEREWOLVES TONIGHT!