Five Random Facts For Tuesday
1. Only one out of six Americans could find the Ukraine on a map . . . and the people who were most wrong about the location were also the most passionate about the U.S. intervening.
2. BUZZ ALDRIN'S mother's maiden name was Moon.
3. There's a difference between a crevice and a crevasse. A crevice is a small crack, a crevasse is a huge crack.
4. If you're suffering from an existential crisis, you can get some relief with . . . Tylenol. A study found that Tylenol actually helps people overcome the fear and anxiety that come from deep philosophical issues.
5. A chimp's POOP THROWING ABILITY is actually a sign of intelligence. The more accurately the chimp throws his feces, the stronger his brain.
COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
In case you haven't seen it, there's a video of GEORGE STRAIT either ignoring or not seeing MIRANDA LAMBERT offering up a high-five as he heads to the stage for his ACM Entertainer of the Year award. Miranda quickly closes her first and starts clapping.
DIERKS BENTLEY'S song "Drunk On A Plane" is about a guy who gets stood up at the altar and ends up going on his honeymoon alone. But it's NOT based on a true story. He says, "I have never been jilted at the altar, but I have had a marriage proposal rejected. All you can do is pray there's a good return policy for the ring, get drunk and carry on."
Eonline put together a guide called "How to dance like TAYLOR SWIFT." It's a collection of GIFs featuring Taylor doing different dance moves . . . followed by instructions to help you do the dance. They gave each of them a goofy title like "The My Hips Are So Truthful", "The Spirit Fingers" and "The Two Shoulder Humblebrag."
Martina McBride is back and releasing her 12th studio album Everlasting. The 12-track pop and R&B covers compilation features all-star duets with Gavin DeGraw and Kelly Clarkson.
Also out today (Tuesday) are Carlene Carter’s Carter Girl and the re-mastered reissue of Emmylou Harris’s Wrecking Ball.
There’s a reason The Band Perry wanted to make the opening number at Sunday’s ACMs a celebrity dandruff-shampoo commercial. Kimberly Perry explains the confetti cannons were their funny reminder to all the stars in the audience not to take themselves too seriously at awards shows.
The track listing for Miranda Lambert’s next album Platinum is out! The 16-track collection adds collaborations with Little Big Town and the Time Jumpers. As previously reported, Carrie Underwood appears on “Somethin’ Bad.”
Seven Phrases Men Supposedly Love to Hear
"Redbook" has a bunch of advice on how women can get men to PAY ATTENTION to what they're saying. Here are five phrases that supposedly make men stop zoning out and LISTEN:
1. "Thank you".
2. "I'm so proud of you".
3. "I think that woman was checking you out".
4. "Let's turn this into a bet".
5. "You need to go to bed".
6. "Meet me at that bar".
7. "I'm flashing back to the last time we had sex"