by Roger WWW Garrett and Jessy,posted Apr 23 2014 7:35AM
COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
GEORGE STRAIT added one more show to his Cowboy Rides Away tour. On June 5th he'll be performing in Hidalgo, Texas, in the McAllen area. Tickets go on sale May 2nd. RONNIE DUNN joined him at Saturday's show in Tulsa, Oklahoma to perform "You Look So Good In Love" and "Amarillo By Morning".
Willie Nelson’s daughter, Paula was busted for possession of less than two ounces of marijuana in Menard County, Texas on 4-20, which was also Easter Sunday. She posted a photo of the bust on Facebook Tuesday with the caption, "Strip, spread 'em, squat and cough...What a night." Menard County Sheriff Buck Miller said of the arrest, "A traffic stop was executed and drugs were found."
A New York Times writer who visited his father's hometown in the Ukraine says the country's future will look much more American than Russian. "They listen to TAYLOR SWIFT. They have crushes on GEORGE CLOONEY and ANGELINA JOLIE, watch 'The Simpsons' and 'Family Guy' and play 'Grand Theft Auto'. They watch YouTube and join Facebook."
JANA KRAMER posted an Instagram pic of her getting a new tattoo . . . on her ribcage . . . with her T-shirt pulled up . . . and her black bra in full view. She also gave props to MAGGIE ROSE who was there offering support, and holding her hand.
Ronnie Milsap, Hank Cochran and Mac Wiseman will be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame later this year. Ronnie will be in the Modern Era Artist category, Mac Wiseman in the Veterans Era Artist . . . and Hank Cochran will be inducted in the Songwriter category.
The hour-long concert special Nashville: On The Record airs tonight at 9 on ABC. Filmed at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium, the event will include performances from Nashville cast members and the hit-makers behind the songs -- including Ashley Monroe, Striking Matches and Caitlyn Smith.
Four Rules of Airplane Etiquette From the Randy Rogers Band
Musicians spend tons of time on airplanes, so you know they've experienced their share of irritating people. But what are the MOST annoying things people do? Here are the top four DON'TS from the RANDY ROGERS BAND.
1. Perfume: "Sometimes the perfume isn't bad unless it's way over the top, which is really a matter of opinion and taste."
2. Smelly Food: "Especially when you're hungry. The person who sits down before the airplane even taxis to leave and they're already halfway through their Subway sandwich or Cinnabon. Ugh."
3. Excessive Talking: "Sitting directly next to you and being chatty. Talking your ear off. Or 'what do you do?' And, of course, we have to answer correctly and say, 'I'm a musician.' And they go, 'Oh, so do you know GEORGE STRAIT? And I go, 'In fact, yes, I do know George Strait.'"
4. Complain About Their Musical Instruments: "It's actually a law that you get to carry your musical instrument on the plane, without having to buy it a seat. As long as there is adequate room, you store it in the overhead bins. It's section 403 of the aviation code."
Seven Ways to Lose Friends and Irritate People
1. Wasting other people's time.
Also known as constantly being LATE.
2. Ignoring people below you.
Whether it's because of your ability level, your job position, or something else. If you only have time for people who can give you something . . . you suck.
3. Asking for too many favors.
4. Asking questions just so YOU can talk.
Like when you ask someone for their opinion about something, just so you can interrupt them and give YOUR opinion instead.
5. Always being "on."
It's fine to be funny, witty, or the life of the party. But if you NEVER dial it back, it's annoying.
6. Seeing someone make fun of themselves, and assuming it gives YOU permission to make fun of them.
That's when you say something that SOUNDS humble, but you're really just trying to show off. Everybody sees through it, and everybody hates it.