by Roger WWW Garrett and Jessy,posted Aug 1 2014 8:14AM
Five REDNECK Approved Random Facts For Friday
1. Agents in the IRS's Criminal Investigation Division carry guns . . . but they rarely use them. Between 2009 and 2011, IRS agents' guns accidentally went off 11 times . . . that's more often than they fired their guns intentionally.
2. A website had real doctors send in the DUMBEST things they've heard from patients. One patient said she couldn't have an STD because even if her boyfriend was sleeping around, he always washed out his condom after he used it. And a woman who was having her foot amputated said it was no big deal, since it would just grow back.
3. On Wednesday, a 54-year-old man in St. Charles, Michigan crashed through the wall of an abandoned house. Apparently he'd passed out at the wheel. And he died when rescuers couldn't get to him . . . because the house was filled with angry BEES. It's not clear if the bees played a role in his death or not.
4. A 48-year-old woman on a flight from Tunisia to Scotland got drunk and freaked out Wednesday night. She screamed that she wanted either cigarettes or a parachute . . . and when flight attendants wouldn't give her either, she took off her PROSTHETIC LEG and attacked them with it. The plane made an emergency landing in London and she was arrested.
5. The three members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who wrote "Sweet Home Alabama" weren't from Alabama . . . Ronnie Van Zant and Gary Rossington were born in Florida and Ed King was from California. And the song was recorded in Georgia. COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
DIERKS BENTLEY learned songwriting by copying down other writers' lyrics, and then studying the hell out of them. He says, quote, "I have books and books at my house, notepads, front and back. I'd just fill both sides of these yellow legal pads. I was trying to learn the craft."
BILLY CURRINGTON recorded a cover of Jack Johnson's "Banana Pancakes" for his latest album, We Are Tonight -- and it has become a fan favorite. But for his next album, he's recorded only original material.
There's a first-ever merchandise item being sold on MIRANDA LAMBERT'S "Platinum Tour". They're called "Playable Posters", and just like the name says, they're posters that play music when you touch them. It's done through a process that uses "conductive ink" and "touch sensors."
RollingStone.com is streaming BRAD PAISLEY'S remix of his song "River Bank". It features guest verses from country rapper COLT FORD.
SAM HUNT announced the track listing of his four-song EP "X2C", which will be released on August 12th. It's considered a preview of his full-length debut album. That one won't be out until October 27th.
Top 3 98-3 KORA Country Albums
1. Brantley Gilbert, "Just As I Am"
2. Miranda Lambert, "Platinum"
3. Luke Bryan, "Crash My Party"
Top 3 98-3 KORA Country Songs
1. Jason Aldean, "Burnin' It Down"
2. Florida Georgia Line, "Dirt"
3. Kenny Chesney, "American Kids"
JOSH THOMPSON surprised one lucky fan… “This goes out to Trisha, who couldn't make it out to my Boston, MA show because of surgery...”
Five Things You Should Never Say to a Friend Who Just Got Engaged
1. "That isn't the ring you wanted!" If her fiancé picked out the ring, it might not be the EXACT one she had wanted . . . but it's still special, so you need to be respectful of that. Focus on the fact that she got engaged, not the actual ring.
2. "He should have said/done [blank] when he proposed." The proposal is a special moment between your friend and her fiancé, so if SHE'S happy about it, it's really inappropriate to judge or criticize.
3. "It's about time!" The issue here is that it's implying your friend is late to the party, and it almost makes the engagement feel less special since they've been together for so long.
4. "I'm sad I'm single." It's hard when you're single, but a friend's engagement isn't about YOU. Be happy for HER.
5. "Are you sure you want to do this?" She said "yes", so, yeah, she's sure. If you truly have an issue with your friend's motives or decision, pick a day a few weeks away and talk to her then, after things have calmed down. "Guardians of the Galaxy" and the James Brown Movie "Get On Up" are in Theaters
"Guardians of the Galaxy"(PG-13) - In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb. Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Zoe Saldana, and rassler David Bautista are criminals who bond when they break out of an alien prison. And Stan Lee DOES have a cameo in this one. At first he'd said he wouldn't because he didn't write this comic.
"Get On Up"(PG-13) – Chadwick Boseman stars in this movie about the life of James Brown. Although all the music is done with Brown's real voice. Nelsan Ellis from "True Blood" plays his best friend, and Dan Aykroyd is the agent they sign with. Mick Jagger helped produce it, and he says, "Every record you've got in your collection, every download you've got, is influenced by James Brown. When I first saw [him], I copied his moves straight away. I couldn't DO them. I just did my versions."
ANGER BALLS THAT “EXPLODE”
A 27-year-old guy in Florida saw the mailman skip past his house on Monday and ran up to ask why. When the mailman told him there wasn't any mail for him, it made him SO ANGRY for some reason that he beat him up. He was arrested.
If you believe in the power of puns, you wouldn't trust a dentist named Toothaker . . . and the gods agree. A 58-year-old dentist in Nebraska is facing charges for allegedly stealing more than $16,000 of equipment and gold from his office at the VA hospital last year. And his name is Randall Toothaker. He just pleaded not guilty.
A 50-year-old guy in Alaska was about to kill himself last November and had his shotgun pointed at his mouth when his 43-year-old girlfriend saw him . . . and tried to stop him by pistol whipping him. He accidentally shot HER in the chest in the process and was just sentenced to seven years in prison. Luckily, she survived.
A nurse was working at a nursing home in Colorado last October when a guy with a GUN busted in, took her hostage, and forced her into a back room. Fortunately, it was just a drill and he was a cop . . . but unfortunately, no one told HER that ahead of time. She was so traumatized she wound up quitting her job at the nursing home . . . and now she's suing them.
A 48-year-old woman on a flight from Tunisia to Scotland got drunk and freaked out Wednesday night. She screamed that she wanted either cigarettes or a parachute . . . and when flight attendants wouldn't give her either, she took off her PROSTHETIC LEG and attacked them with it. The plane made an emergency landing in London and she was arrested.