by Roger WWW Garrett and Jessy,posted Mar 26 2014 8:16AM
Five Random Facts For Wednesday
1. By age 70, your body has shed 105 pounds of skin.
2. 40% of people are afraid of flying . . . which might be the most disproportionate fear based on the risk. If you took one flight a day, the odds are you wouldn't be in a fatal crash for 55,000 years.
3. The world's shortest commercial flight is between two islands in northern Scotland. The flight is 1.7 miles and the official time is two minutes . . . but takes closer to 47 seconds.
4. Beverly Hills was named after Beverly Farms, Massachusetts. That was named after Beverley, Yorkshire, England. And that town was named in 700 A.D. because of a colony of beavers. So Beverly Hills is named after medieval English beavers.
5. PABLO ESCOBAR was on the first "Forbes" billionaires list in 1987 thanks to the $3 billion he'd made from his cocaine empire. He also made the list for the next seven years . . . right up until he was killed in 1993.
COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
CHARLIE DANIELS' new album, "Off the Grid - Doin' It Dylan", will be out April 1st. Charlie says, "Back in 1969, he came to town and recorded 'Nashville Skyline', and I worked as a studio musician playing guitar on that album. One of Charlie's favorite Dylan songs is "The Times They Are A-Changin'", which he plans to put on the album and also work into his live shows. He plays the Texas Crawfish & Music festival in Spring, Texas on April 26th.
JERROD NIEMANN rejects the notion that today's country isn't what it used to be. He says, "When people use the term 'traditional country', they're talking about something that's happened in the past. When those songs were out, they were the freshest things on the radio. Nobody was saying 'Let's go record traditional country.' They just wanted to record music that meant something to them."
Performers are always saying they love their job and would do it for free. But JUSTIN MOORE thinks work is where you make your money, and the other stuff happens after you clock out.
He says, "I think anything you do for a living you don't really necessarily go out and do for fun. I don't go to concerts when I'm off, it's just like going to work."
The stalker who thinks he's married to TAYLOR SWIFT was ordered by a judge to stay away from her for three years
HUNTER HAYES brought DANIELLE BRADBERY on stage at a recent show to help perform his song "I Want Crazy"
DIERKS BENTLEY posted a video on his Facebook page thanking his fans for helping his song "I Hold On" go to Number One