Jamaican Bobsled Team Has a NEW Olympic Song
Every ’90s child remembers ‘Cool Runnings’ and its eternally catchy ‘Jamaica, We Have A Bobsled Team’ theme song, and now the 2014 Sochi team has created a brand new jam for future generations to savor.
Your Phone Will Charge Faster in Airplane Mode . . . and Four Other Random Facts For Thursday
1. The "DC" in DC Comics originally stood for Detective Comics. They dropped that . . . so the full name of their company is technically Detective Comics Comics.
2. Redheads have less hair on their heads than other people. The average redhead has 90,000 strands of hair . . . versus 110,000 strands for blonds and 140,000 strands for brunettes. But red hair is THICKER than the other two.
3. The day HEATH LEDGER died in 2008, "Heath Ledger" was the number one term searched on Google. The number two most-searched term? "Keith Ledger."
4. If you switch to airplane mode before you charge your phone, it won't search for a signal . . . so it'll charge much faster.
5. It's technically illegal to mispronounce the word "Arkansas" in Arkansas. You probably won't get arrested for calling it Ar-kan-zis . . . but they won't be happy.
COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
ERIC CHURCH’s fourth studio album, "The Outsiders", debuted at #1 on the Billboard Charts. It's Eric's second #1 album. The next highest debut came from the electronic group THE GLITCH MOB, who sold 22,000 copies of "Love Death Immortality" at #13.
DAVID NAIL, his band and his crew are fine and in one piece following an icy Valentine’s Day bus crash in upstate New York. They were en route to a show in Albany with DARIUS RUCKER when their bus ran off the road and hit the median in icy conditions. Darius dispatched his buses to rescue David and his band.
TYLER HUBBARD, the Georgia half of Florida Georgia Line, was injured in a dirt bike accident on Sunday. The guys were supposed to have played at an event during Country Radio Seminar in Nashville Tuesday, but pulled out so Tyler could recuperate. Brian Kelley told the crowd that Tyler was attempting a jump but came up short.
LUKE BRYAN has recorded another spring break EP. It's called "Spring Break 6: Like We Ain't Ever" and it's out March 11th. He's also doing another two nights of free shows to promote it . . . on March 11th and 12th in Panama City Beach, Florida.
CARRIE UNDERWOOD and MIKE FISHER may be ready to start a family. A "friend" told "Life & Style", quote, "During the holidays, they told friends and family that 2014 was going to be the year they had a baby. They're both ready now."
BLAKE SHELTON will donate $1 to the Academy of Country Music's Lifting Lives Foundation for every pre-sale ticket fan-club members purchase for his upcoming Ten Times Crazier tour. ACM Lifting Lives is dedicated to improving lives through the power of music.
Women Are Way Faster at Breaking Up Than Men
A new study just found women are WAY FASTER at breaking up with someone than men. Women only take SIX DAYS of thinking things over before they pull the trigger and end a relationship. Men take a FULL MONTH of thinking about it, changing their minds, and building up the courage before they end things.
In other words: If you had a bad Valentine's Day, your girlfriend will probably dump you TODAY, six days later. Your boyfriend will dump you on March 14th.
The main reasons women gave for quick break-up decisions are that life's too short to be with the wrong person for a minute longer than you have to be . . . and short, sharp shock is ultimately less painful.
The main reasons men gave for longer break-up decisions are really wanting to think things through and giving the relationship a little longer to see if it gets better.