by Roger WWW Garrett and Jessy,posted Mar 20 2014 8:12AM
Check out these random facts:
1. SHAKESPEARE invented the name Jessica in "The Merchant of Venice".
2. In the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme, there's no mention of him being an egg . . . that's just how he's evolved to look in pop culture.
3. CLEOPATRA lived closer to the debut of the iPhone than the building of the Great Pyramid. The Pyramid was finished in 2,540 B.C. Cleopatra was born 2,471 years later, in 69 B.C. The iPhone debuted in 2007, just 2,076 years after her birth.
4. There's only one country between Norway and North Korea. Granted, that country is Russia, which is huge . . . but a small part of Norway borders a northwest corner of Russia, and North Korea borders a southeast corner.
5. WILL SMITH is now older than Uncle Phil was when "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" debuted. The show debuted in 1990, and JAMES AVERY was 44. Will Smith is now 45.
Oh, and one more thing….
According to a new study, you're more likely to believe what someone says if they have their HAND over their HEART. And that's a good instinct . . . because people ARE more likely to tell the truth when they have their hand over their heart. The study also found we're less likely to believe someone if they have their hand on their hip, or adjusting the front of their trousers…
COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
Luke Bryan's Spring Break 6...Like We Ain't Ever has partied its way to the top. It's the nation's top-selling country album in its first week out, according to the latest SoundScan figures.
Debuting in the number-two spot is Sara Evans with Slow Me Down. Eric Church's The Outsiders falls a spot to number-three, Luke's Crash My Party climbs a notch to number-four, and Florida Georgia Line's Here's to the Good Times is back in the Top 5. Last week's number-one album, Eli Young Band's 10,000 Towns, tumbles to number eight.
Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood -- who've been living in Oklahoma while raising Garth's daughters -- plan on moving back to Nashville when their youngest girl goes off to college in the fall. Trisha says "Nashville is so awesome right now. It has a new energy that's so cool.”
Darius Rucker returns as the host of the ACM Lifting Lives Celebrity Golf Classic in Las Vegas on April 5th. Frankie Ballard, Charles Kelley, Scotty McCreery, Jake Owen, and Cole Swindell have signed on to play, more to be announced.
DIERKS BENTLEY performed a cover of the AVICII song "Hey Brother" at his show in London over the weekend. (Avicii's name is pronounced Aveechee. He's a Swedish DJ who gets other people to do the singing on his tracks.)
KIP MOORE has been writing music with the two dudes in LADY ANTEBELLUM. He says, "Me, CHARLES KELLEY and DAVE HAYWOOD have written some and we're going to write a little more . . . so we'll see if any of them end up making it out at some point."
11 Things Successful People Do Before Breakfast
According to a recent study, successful people all try to do the SAME 11 things before breakfast. Not every item, every day, but you'll get the idea
1. Wake up early. It's the only way to get a head start AND get time to yourself.
2. Exercise, before it gets squeezed out by the rest of the day's activities.
3. Work on an important business project.
4. Work on a personal passion project. If you wait until after work, you'll rarely have the energy to do something creative, even if it means a lot to you.