1. If you're in a meeting and you think someone might go after you or attack you about something, sit right next to them. Without the group buffer, they'll either back off . . . or at least be a lot less critical.
Five Psychological Tricks Give You Big Advantages in Everyday Situations
Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan share some random thoughts! We think they're quite funny...watch below and let us know your opinion
2. Once you make a sales pitch, ask someone out, ask for a favor, or whatever . . . don't say ANYTHING else after. Make the other person respond completely. It forces them to just keep talking . . . and eventually say yes to end the awkwardness.
3. When you first meet someone, figure out their eye color. That forces you to look into their eyes a little longer and a little more intently . . . and that makes the introduction STRONGER and more memorable.
4. If you want someone to do you a big favor, ask for a much smaller favor first. They're way more likely to do the big thing for you once they've done the small thing because their brain is in the right mode to help you out.
5. Chew gum before you do something that scares you, like speaking in public or bungee jumping. Your brain is wired to think, "If I'm eating, I'm not in danger" . . . so chewing can calm you down.
COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
Jake Owen grew up in Florida and he says his new single, "Beachin'!" reflects his lifestyle... Check it out here!
MIRANDA LAMBERT is still adjusting to her marriage being written about in the tabloids, and she's thankful that no one's hung a stupid celebrity couple nickname on her and BLAKE SHELTON. She says, "Our names don't make a celebrity name. I mean Bliranda? That's not pretty."
Shay Mooney of DAN + SHAY believes there's no shortcut to carving out a career in Nashville. He says, "You have to want it so badly that you'll do absolutely anything. You'll be living in a cardboard box if you have to. You need to be open and do whatever it takes."
Tim McGraw, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban were not all in the studio at the same time recording "Highway Don't Care". Keith explains, "I heard it before Taylor was on it. The first time I heard the whole thing completed was on the radio, and it sounded amazing." The song is up for three ACMs: Single Record of the Year, Vocal Event of the Year and Video of the Year. Keith thinks it's funny he's being honored for such a short day's work. "I've never been nominated so much for a guitar solo in my life."
Five Ways to Speed Clean Your Bathroom
Nobody LIKES to clean their bathroom. So if guests are coming over and you're in a hurry, here are five ways to fake people into thinking it's spotless:
1. Poor bleach in the toilet.
Give it a quick couple of scrubs, and then flush after five minutes.
2. Get a damp paper towel and hit any obvious smudges you see on the floor, sink or mirror.
3. Put out a couple of fresh hand towels.
4. Shake out your rug and fluff it up so it looks freshly vacuumed.
5. Protect yourself against snoopers.
Pull the shower curtain shut and tuck towels on top of stuff in your drawers in case they get opened.