A fear of Friday the 13th is known as, Friggatriskaidekaphobia!
Just thought y'all needed to know that!
COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
KIMBERLY PERRY got married to Texas Rangers catcher J.P. ARENCIBIA yesterday in Greeneville, Tennessee. The guest list included Kimberly's BAND PERRY brothers NEIL and REID . . . plus Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher. Rumor is the honeymoon will be at Schlitterbahn, using the free tickets Kimberly won on 983 KORA;) The Band’s tour is due to pick up June 20th in Austin, Texas. …. Here is a video…
BRAD PAISLEY has two songs in Pixar's upcoming movie "Planes: Fire & Rescue". It's pretty special for him because his dad is a firefighter. He says, quote, "The movie is a tribute to firefighters told through these planes. When the producer pitched the idea, he said it was a way of paying tribute to my dad."
KENNY CHESNEY has been working "nonstop" on his new album. He said quote, "I've been in the studio since October, and we're still in there. We're in the mixing process now, so that's exciting." The reason he's STILL working on the record some eight months later . . . is because he tossed one version in the can.
—-He adds, quote, "I made a whole record and mixed it and threw it away. We've got a better record now for it." The first single, “American Kids” is set to be released on June 23rd
Martina McBride was in New York City Thursday night for the Songwriters Hall of Fame induction ceremony. She paid tribute to songwriter Mark James, who was inducted, by singing his "Suspicious Minds," the last number-one song in the U.S. for Elvis Presley. Martina knows the song well as it is on her latest album, Everlasting. Before performing it she told us, "I never thought I'd be singing this song in this situation and I'm really honored to be doing this tonight." In addition to "Suspicious Minds," James also wrote "Always on My Mind," which was recorded by Elvis and was a hit for Willie Nelson.
DANIELLE BRADBERY does NOT destroy the phone numbers from dudes she meets who are hoping for a shot. She says, quote, "I actually keep them. They sit in the pile . . . they're still there."
People.com has a behind the scenes look at the making of JOE NICHOLS video for his song "Yeah".
TOP 3 COUNTRY ALBUMS:
1. Miranda Lambert, "Platinum"
2. Brantley Gilbert, "Just As I Am"
3. Various Artists, "Now That's What I Call Country 7"
Top Country Songs
1. Florida Georgia Line, feat. Luke Bryan,"This Is How We Roll"
2. Luke Bryan, "Play It Again"
3. Jake Owen, "Beachin'"
1. Stop taking yourself so seriously . . . be able to make a joke about yourself, and be able laugh at a joke someone else makes about you.
2. Ask people questions so they can talk about themselves. Then just let them talk . . . it'll make them remember you.
3. If someone's telling you about a problem, they don't need you to jump in with an answer to solve anything. They probably just want to vent. Don't give advice until they specifically ask for it.
4. Don't interrupt people . . . especially not to "top" one of their stories.
5. Do favors for people . . . and once in a while, ask them for a favor that shows you trust them.