by Roger WWW Garrett and Jessy,posted May 27 2014 7:28AM
Tuesday/(Kinda Monday)’s FREE ADVICE
The Scientific Guide to Good Naps!
Possible some of the best advice yet!
1. If you just need to be more alert and focused, a 10 to 20-minute nap gives you a boost in alertness for two hours or more.
2. If your brain isn't working and you can't think straight, a one hour nap gives you more focus and also improves memory and learning.
3. If you need a complete reset, a 90-minute nap puts you through a full sleep cycle, which gives benefits in alertness, memory, learning, creativity, and performance.
4. If you're not sure WHAT you need, a 10-minute nap should be the default. It was better than five minutes, 20 minutes, or 30 minutes in a recent study.
5. If you don't even have enough time for a nap, ANYTHING helps, even just resting your eyes for a minute. One study found that even just THINKING about taking a nap reduces your blood pressure.
COWBOY NEWS Country Music Headlines
KACEY MUSGRAVES and KATY PERRY are in the new "Billboard" promoting their June 13th debut of "CMT Crossroads". As you'd expect, they answered important questions like, have they seen each other naked. Kacey said, quote, "A couple times. And it won't be the last." …. And she wasn’t just, Blowin’ Smoke;)
BRAD PAISLEY rearranged his schedule so he could perform a surprise concert for our troops at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan on Sunday. He rode in style too . . . hitching a ride with PRESIDENT OBAMA on Air Force One. He played an hour-long acoustic set for about 3,000 U.S. troops. Before he hit the stage Brad posted a video on Instagram describing what went down.
DANIELLE BRADBERY did a moving performance of "I Will Never Forget You" at Sunday's National Memorial Day Concert on PBS. Here is the Video….
CARRIE UNDERWOOD received a black and chrome motorcycle from MIRANDA LAMBERT Saturday, and is now shopping for motorcycle driving lessons….
TRACY LAWRENCE is celebrating getting one million Facebook "Likes" by hosting a free party on June 4th during CMA Music Fest. Details are at TracyLawrence.com.
Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, Luke Bryan, Lady Antebellum and Miranda Lambert are just a few of the top country acts hitting the road on major tours this summer. George Strait’s final show on the Cowboy Rides Away tour is June 7th in Arlington, Texas.
Five Random Facts For Tuesday
1. Mark Twain was born just after Halley's Comet was visible in 1835. When Halley's Comet was visible again 75 years later, in 1910 . . . Mark Twain died the next day.
2. Until 1978, it was legal to fire a woman for getting pregnant. Congress ended it with the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, in October of 1978.
3. Arnold Schwarzenegger has recorded the most on-screen kills in history . . . he's killed 369 people during his movie career. His deadliest movie is "Commando", where he kills 74 people.
4. There hasn't been an NFL game with the final score 7-to-nothing in THIRTY years. On December 4, 1983, the Patriots beat the Saints 7-0 . . . that was the last time.
5. Rich moms in New York are now paying professional organizers to PACK for their kids, for summer camp. They pay about $1,000 to have someone else organize their kids' duffel bags and suitcases, and make sure they have everything they need for camp.
They pay about $250-an-hour to have professionals organize their kids' duffel bags and suitcases.